Semley CE VA Primary School
Semley CE VA Primary SchoolHome Page
INSTRUMENT OF GOVERNMENT:
1. The name of the school is Semley Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School.
2. The school is a voluntary aided school.
3. The name of the governing body is ‘The Governing Body of Semley Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School’.
4. The Governing Body shall consist of:
a. 2 parent governors
b. 1 local authority governor
c. 2 staff governors (including the head teacher)
d. 7 foundation governors
5. Total number of governors shall be 12.
6. Foundation Governors are appointed by the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education in consultation with the parochial church council of the parishes or ecclesiastical districts served by the school.
7. a) The holder of the following office shall be a foundation governor ex-
officio: the principal officiating minister of the parochial church.
(b) The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated shall appoint a foundation governor to act in the place of the ex-officio foundation governor whose governorship derives from the office named in (a) above, in the event that that ex-officio foundation governor is unable or unwilling to act as a foundation governor, or has been removed from office under regulation 23(2) of the Regulations.
8. The Archdeacon of the Archdeaconry in which the school is situated is entitled to request the removal of any ex-officio foundation governor and to appoint any substitute governor.
9. The school has an educational trust.
10. The ethos statement of the school is:
At Semley Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School, individual pupils are valued and affirmed in their personal pilgrimage of growth. At the heart of the school’s ethos are Christian beliefs, values and principles. We believe that happiness and fulfilment stem from a personal relationship with God and with others. Our ethos is one of nurturing and caring for our children in a secure, happy and stimulating environment.
11. This instrument of government comes into effect on 1st September 2015.
12. This instrument was made by order of Wiltshire Council on 7th August 2015.